Thursday, September 01, 2005

They Must Come in Threes

As I inch closer to the end of my chemically-induced menopause, I am faced with a spooky convergence.  I have learned that in my life good and bad things come in a three-pack, and I’ve come to the realization that another has surfaced.  Just like the month after Ben and I got engaged when three of my former gentlemen-callers came a callin’, the forces of destiny seem to be screaming to me that China Adoption is what awaits us at the end of this procreant journey.  First, I bumped into the Great Wall China Adoption Agency’s workshop facilitators/China Adoptive parents at a meeting for a tsunami benefit that I’ll be MCing.  Then, my sister’s mother-in-law sends an article about a couple in Topeka, Kansas, who’ve recently adopted an adorable little girl from China with Great Wall.  Finally, Great Wall sends me an email reminder of an upcoming seminar/workshop.  I am just Chinese enough and superstitious enough to believe.  At a time like this reason does not reign.  The emotional devastation from another failed IVF attempt is unfathomable, but I suppose we’ll still go on trying to become parents one way or another.  Maybe this is the way the universe is trying to tell me to prepare for the worst?

2 comments:

meeegan said...

I was just thinking of you and the three-month countdown this morning. If the universe is increasing your options, I hope that that will ultimately redound to the good, and that what could be the worst will turn out to be the best of all possible worlds.

Anonymous said...

Started typing and realized I was repeating exactly the sentiments above. So, read Meegan's post again for me.