Sunday, October 23, 2005

Airing our Dirty Laundry


For many of you it’s no surprise that I am laundry-challenged. Back in 1993 or so, Ben discovered that I was fond of creating pink underwear. Well, after the second or probably the fifth batch I was permanently banished from doing the laundry and when we purchased this house four years ago—the laundry room. I gleefully stayed away from it until yesterday. Wish I had a picture of the 'before,' but let’s just say that it was a mess. We have discovered or determined that I have a knack for organizing spaces, and he was ready for me to do my magic on his laundry room. After pulling every piece of stuff out, except for the washer/dryer and water heater, I swept and began to put items back in. Many items made acquaintances with the trash can, and some were moved elsewhere. After only half a day or so, we had created a sanctuary of cleanliness and seriously needed storage. I am happy.

2 comments:

saurabh said...

This is far more attractive than MY laundry room, which is in an unfurnished, unfinished, unfriendly basement. The machines are surrounded by piles of miscellaneous garbage and what seem to be large, uncut bricks of asbestos. Behind it is a brick-walled room with a dirt floor that was actually used in filming the final scene of "The Blair Witch Project." The only light source is a temperamental floodlamp that works 4-15% of the time. When I do laundry late at night, after I close the door of the dryer, I run to the stairs at high speed, so that I am not eviscerated by the evil clown that haunts the basement.

meeegan said...

Wow, Wanda, nice work! I am impressed.