Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Magic Touch, Part II

In what has to be one of the funniest confluences of events in blog publishing history, the post about my talent for causing electronic shit to break got eaten by the blogger database, ne'er to be seen again. So, while the post was published to a file which was visible on the site, to the blogger system it wasn't there at all. I couldn't edit it, and none of you could post comments to it - all requests to touch that entry in any way were met by the system with the moral equivalent of "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?"

I didn't do anything, I swear it.

Shortly after I contacted Blogger's helpdesk equivalent, the post disappeared completely. I suppose that was one way to approach the problem - if the computer says there's no post then obviously there's no post, pay no attention to that verbiage behind the curtain. Luckily, I had a copy of the post in my browser cache, so I was able to re-create it verbatim. With luck, this post will remain safely un-eaten, if hopefully well - read...

3 comments:

meeegan said...

All seems to be well!

Sam Brady said...

Is this an example of irony, or is it just karma?

Erin said...

Wouldn't karma dictate that Ben will return in his next life as an abacus, or something similarly non-electric? Or perhaps he'll be a dictionary ("verbatim," in case it ever comes in handy again -- one of those words that lawyers have to use way, waaay too often ...)