Saturday, January 13, 2007

Adoption Update, et. al.

Last night we started in on the mound of paperwork required by our homestudy group, Familes First. And I do mean mound. The stack is more than an inch thick! Included are various permission slips allowing them to invade our every privacy from financial to personal to criminal, but the prize-winning sow in the pen is the 11 page "autobiographical form" which we must each fill out, containing such questions as "What type of student were you?", and "What areas of your marriage do you feel can be improved upon?" Talk about a landmine question! Just surviving the filling out of this form should qualify us for a Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Anyway, last night we began plowing through the stack, with a goal of finishing it all in the next week so we can get our home study underway. In the meantime we have both garnered our notarized work letters, and are making appointments to get out medical forms done. Police reports are not too far off on the horizon. We're getting there!

Meanwhile, my all-time favorite author, Guy Gavriel Kay, is about to publish a new book, his first in several years. Am I crazy for wanting to own this? But honey, it's for a good cause!

On the home front, my most recently completed project was this. Ask me what the hell that's all about, I dare you. Not for the technologically faint-of-heart! We're also about to begin redoing the closet in the guest bedroom at long last. I tore out the old "shelving" yesterday in preparation to find this lovely hole in the drywall behind the "boards" they used:
















It's not the first time we've found a sub-par job done on some do-it-yourself remodel in this place - you should have seen the closets in the bedroom when we first moved in! Anyway, I'll send after-pics when it's done.

2 comments:

meeegan said...

Wow. What an unpleasant surprise to find after the shelves came down!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever told you how much I appreciate you turning me on to Kay? I think you should purchase that 1st book if the price doesn't get to high. Usually I don't recommend spending that kind of money on a book, but I can just imagine your face and I totally think it'd be worth it. Miss you guys!