Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Adoption update : An ending, and a beginning

It's the one you've all been waiting for!

ALL PAPERWORK IS COMPLETED

At the end of last week we finally received our long-awaited I797 form from the government with a status of APPROVED! Since we were due to leave for New York the next day, we didn't have a chance to make the notarized copy of this document required for our last batch of paperwork, and so it had to wait until our (well, my) return from NYC.

Today, I sent the last fedex package I shall have to send to the Great Wall China Adoption Agency for this batch of kid(s). There's literally nothing left to do for us but wait for them to send us pictures of our desperately longed-for baby (or, for which it is fervently to be hoped, babies), and then to go get them.

And now, we wait.

How long? Anywhere from 5 months (wildly optimistic and rare) to 2 years (wildly pessimistic, but certainly possible). I'd get on a plane tomorrow if I thought it would help, but I think we're lucky in that we need some time to prepare the room we've been calling "The Baby's Room" since we moved into this house, and we're likely to get it. Not too much time, I hope. Time's a wasting.

Say it with me : WHEW!!!!

4 comments:

Sam Brady said...

(I have a bizarro-world urge to work "pwned" into this comment somehow but I'll hold off and shudder at the thought)

Dudes! Fantastic news! Lots of hugs and hearty huzzahs to you both from all of us. Hurry up and get a kid(s) so the twins can have someone else to pick up and mother. Mia and Sage are too old for it any more.

I like the wording too, "this batch of kid(s)". I can just see the Great Wall people in three years. "Ya got that next batch o' Temkii ready ta go?"

w00t!

meeegan said...

Great news!! Let's hope that you have just gotten through the longest wait of your adoption process. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey that's excellent news! Congratulations guys! In fact...

"I'd piss on a sparkplug if I thought it'd do any good!"

DLM said...

Wonderful news! I'm sure the perfect child for you is out there and will appear when it's time.