Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mission Aborted

Went to the clinic for an ultrasound and bloodwork, and the news is not great--well, abysmal. It seems that three months of menopause did not calm my ovaries and decrease the amount of estrogen in my blood. It is in fact worse. I have larger cysts than before the treatment. Current process aborted, and we will have a consult in a week or so. My worst fear is that I may have a tumor or something on my ovaries. I'm sure there will be further testing. No matter what, the future looks grim with regard to actually becoming pregnant. Maybe Ben can carry the baby...

In the mean time, we've decided to go full throttle on China adoption. No reason to wait any longer. I am fresh out of optimism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wanda, I wish I could offer something to make the sky a little blue-er for you. Just know that I'm sending y'all all the love I have to help you on your way.