Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Man, those guys are fast!

We got a very nice phone call today as well as an e-mail from Lindsay Lanham of Great Wall :



Dear Benjamin & Wanda,


We are pleased to inform you that your family is eligible for our adoption program based on the information you provided in your Great Wall application. Your journey is just beginning and we want you to know that we are here to assist you every step of the way.



In short, they accepted our application and have assigned a case worker to us. While I had her on the phone, I asked Lindsay about adopting twins. She said that the two most critical factors are that a) there are no kids in the house already, and b) you have a good income for supporting two kids right away. She said, "I think I remember you guys had terrific income, let me double-check," whipped out our application, and verified it on the spot. She was extremely friendly and willing to answer any question I had on the spot, and best of all it didn't feel like she was rushed to get me off the phone - I think she would have talked me off of a ledge if it had been necessary (fortunately, it was not).

So, now we have more forms to fill out to get the legal stuff started, and they're sending us some recommendations for home-study organizations here in Atlanta. There's going to be a lot to do, and we'll keep everything updated here at the Chronicles.

We're on our way!

7 comments:

Sam Brady said...

North! West! North! West! North! West! North! West!

meeegan said...

Good good!

I'd love to read more about how the idea of twins evolved.

Anonymous said...

"Hold on to yer Butts!"

Smiles all around here!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! I'm so excited for y'all! Woohoo! Keep us posted!

(I think I've used my allotment of exclamation points for the week)

rakethetable said...

Good Luck!

CLM said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear things are working out well for you both. Have lately been hearing the updates from your parents whenever I've gone to visit mine. Keep posting, I'm quite exited to hear your updates.
-Cousin Carsley

Anonymous said...

Hope things are progressing well. If you're interested I'll send you a link to a co-worker's online diary of his family's trip to China. He's there now picking up a their 2nd Chinese daughter.

Cousin Dina