Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fucking Grinch

I blog this entry from Wanda's computer this morning. Woke up to a computer that won't boot. I recently had to replace my graphics card because the old one died (no really, it just suddenly stopped working - no clues or hints as to its demise, just a myterious reboot when I was out of the room, and then no output from the graphics card at all), and now, in what appears to be the continuation of a comprehensive system meltdown, it won't boot. It keeps telling me "Your system did not start properly last time." (no shit!).

So, I'm wasting time this morning trying to recover it without blasting the contents of the disk with a reformat, something I do NOT want to do. Currently it is in the middle of trying to repair itself, and I hope to hell it works - otherwise I'm going to be spending much more time doing grunt work than I wanted to over the holidays (I actually like a little bit of gruntwork from time to time, but this promises to be excessive).

1 comment:

Lee Wright said...

Benjamin hated Windows! The whole Windows system! Windows 'puters suck but everyone gets 'em. It could be the hard drive wasn't screwed in just right. It could be, perhaps, that his RAM was too tight. But I think that the most likely reason of all may have been that his CPU was two sizes too small! But, whatever the reason, his drive or his RAM, He stood there screaming, "Windows be damned!"