Friday, December 08, 2006

Reviews are Deadly

Googled myself today. I know, it's a vain thing to do, but I was curious. Found an entry on Anne E*'s blog that referenced my on-air voice as sounding "like she's ripping the upholstery off the seat of her chair with her asshole?" This is her artful and clever way of saying that I sound uptight, and one of her idiot friends wrote that I spoke way too deliberately. (It's called accurate diction you imbecile.) I was so so tempted to write a response, but I have too much class. Besides, I'd rather beat her face in with my super-soprano-infuriated fists. Needless to say they were not part of the 98% increase in listening from Noon-3pm during the summer.

I've always felt that my on-air personality was a persona and never thought that I would feel this strongly when someone criticized it. Maybe I used the persona excuse as a defensive mechanism to protect me from bad reviews. I think it's safe to say that I would be not be characterized as uptight by any of my friends, and those are the reviews I treasure most. Thanks y'all.

6 comments:

meeegan said...

Uptight? YOU??? Good Lord.

For the record, I still listen to your show on the Web most days at work. And maybe the only good thing about my having left Atlanta (besides the obvious that you already know about) was that I no longer had to listen to L. Reitzes' hyperdiction. Now *that* is a danger to upholstery everywhere.

Anonymous said...

You are our household "Patron Saint of Belching". Screw the haters.

P.S. Hi Meegan!

Anonymous said...

I don't even understand how you would rip the upholstery off the seat of your chair with your asshole. I've tried it (in fact, I'm trying it right now) and I'm not sure it can be done. Wait! I think... No that's from something else. Kind of tickles, though.

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, what they said. Wanda, uptight?? That made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I'm with anonymous on this one...I think ripping the upholstery off the seat of a chair with ones asshole is physically impossible so just ignore the comment as the ramblings of a sick, sick mind.

On the other hand...that you inspired that kind of thinking is damned impressive!

Pete and Jan said...

There are some mental pictures that parents should stay away from, I believe. Having said that, I'm terribly glad that we are related to someone that could provoke such imagery.

These last two posts indicate that the rapidly growing notoriety may yet accrue to our benefit when we arrive in town..there may be crowds greeting the moving truck..