Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Joys of Public Radio

The air-conditioning has died for the umpteenth time at work, and even though there are fans everywhere trying to circulate cool air from other parts of the building, I am in the middle of hell. The heat is reminiscent of Rome (Italy, that is) in the middle of July, except there are no gelato stands here. The electronics are even more unhappy than us humans, and that is a very bad thing. The folks in charge would rather spend money on superficial upgrades and trying to cram four more cubicles here in radioland than to fix the things that are fundamentally wrong with this building. Ah, evasive tactics meant to distract from the real problems of an organization. Since my brain is sweating it's so hot in here, I cannot promise to be terribly coherent. This I know...I wish I had my own car so I can get the hell out of Hades as soon as I sign off today, but alas, the asshole who ran into us last Saturday has ensured my fate for today.

2 comments:

meeegan said...

I think you should start a Popsicle stand at work. Clearly it's a business opprtunity whose time has (unfortunately) come!

Or maybe a margarita/frozen daiquiri bar?

Pete and Jan said...

I imagine that it was about the same as Rome, Georgia as well. A building in Atlanta without ac?

Go home!

Glad you've got your transport back.