Sunday, September 02, 2007

Aveda Sucks

A Capitalistic Rant:

Aveda discontinued my favorite hair goo, Light Elements Finishing Lotion. Goddamn it. I am a creature of habit and am covetous of hair products. It takes me forever to find something I truly like, so how dare they discontinue it! On top of that, they changed their reward program so that it is no longer appetizing for this bargain huntress. They were giving away a "starter kit" of trial sizes to each individual when they sign up, but now they're just going to offer double points on your first purchase. Fuckers. Mind you, this little change happened some time between June 30 and today, because when I tried to join on June 30 at the Aveda Institute after a haircut, the little emaciated check-out girl explained that they were out of these "starter kits" so I'd better go to another Aveda location. Well, I was short on time that day, so it took me 2 months to finally "get to another location." The reason given to me for this change when I went to the Aveda Store in Lenox today was that people were joining just to get the free stuff and not really purchasing anything. Well, they had not met me, had they. I am a drugstore beauty product girl, but when I found these products, I finally became a convert. Ben is even a convert now, so how dare they insult me. Loyal I have been for the past couple of years, at least. (I know that this is incredibly ego-centric, but I'm just foaming at the mouth a bit right now.) I hate the R & D that it takes to find a new beauty regiment. For god's sake I've been using the same Clinique face crap for well over 15 years now. Now I'm hunting down some of this "discontinued" hair goo on ebay. Hopefully I'll be the highest bidder (and still get it for a bargain price). Wish me luck. I'll know by this Friday.

1 comment:

Pete and Jan said...

Wanda, dear...its absolutely wonderful that hair products can still be a rant-worthy problem for you. But..hey...you still have hair!

I love "emaciated"...and "R and D"

Colorful and fun writing..and...keep us posted about e-bay. Somebody probably has cornered the market on leftovers and you can buy cases of the stuff...